The World is Flat : Thomas Friedman

The flattening of the world effects everyone, or at least Friedman says it does. I think it only effects the countires which have middle class to extremely wealthy economies ( which are being leveled out.) I think that the extremely poor, poverty stricken countries are being left in the dirt, because they don't have, or barely have an economy to begin with. But, also, the flattening of the world is effecting the younger generation (me, and my classmates) who are going to go on and be incorporated with all these new ways of doing business which were never used before. This generation is supposed to be used to doing things electronically, a way our parents never imagined.
What do you need from our parents, teachers, and peers? I think just being brought up in a world that is used to doing business in a "flat world", and being properly educated about what we will need to do to make a living. I'm not sure whether a flat world is a good thing or not - I suppose some of the things are an advantage (fast communications, cheap labor), but there are also downfalls to outsourcing all your business. The quality goes down, and you are relying on outside the country for necessities. Like it or not, it's happening, and like Friedman said, its nearly unstoppable.

0 comments: